Today, there are different types of fashion that allow each individual to express their personality and feel at ease with themselves by wearing a garment that represents their essence 100%.
Ricky Sarkany, the teacher of our online course on Entrepreneurship in the fashion world, refers that there are two main aspects. On the one hand, the author’s design, and on the other hand, trends. The latter are the ones that guide the direction of fashion and, in a way, make it uniform in different parts of the world.
If you are in search of finding your own fashion style and do not know where to start, you have found the best list of the types of fashion that can serve as a reference for you to reflect the best of your identity through your clothes.
In the following article, we will show you the types of fashion that exist and their characteristics, so you can discover the ideal style for you!
It is one of the types of fashion for men and women that have gained popularity in recent years. The hipster style comes from the urban group of the same name that originated between the 40s and 50s in the United States. They tend to be lovers of vintage things, classic movies, and both classic and contemporary art.
The hipster culture is constantly portrayed in street-style fashion photography, as it has a very particular way of interpreting style. Some characteristics of this type of urban fashion are:
- Dark colored and dark shades of clothing.
- Skinny pants.
- Sunglasses or reading glasses.
- High-waist pants.
- T-shirts with original prints.
- Ripped jeans.
- Accessories such as gloves, scarves, and handmade hats.
According to the website of the Des Arts school, this is one of the types of fashion that is distinguished by reflecting an informal and casual image, which tries to make a balance between functionality and comfort of clothing. Here we can find some sub-styles such as:
It is a casual fashion style that offers a much lighter perspective than traditional business etiquette. Some of the variations that this fashion incorporates are:
- Replacing the dress pants with chino pants.
- Wearing a suit jacket without a tie.
- Wear shoes with laces, buckles, or loafers.
- For women, avoid the use of necklines and respect discreet lengths.
This type of casual fashion continues to seek elegance but makes use of more casual clothing. It is a dress code that can work both in professional environments and in any social gathering. To elaborate on these looks, you must take into account the following considerations:
- Wear basic shirts and knits of good quality and with a sober style.
- It is usual to use classic shoes or Chelsea boots.
- You can wear blouses, sweaters, blazers, cardigans, pants, and skirts.
- Not many accessories are required.
Purely casual style
This is the most informal casual fashion style of all and is reserved exclusively for creative work environments. It is also suitable for outings with friends or colleagues. Some of its characteristics are:
- Loose-fitting cotton garments are usually worn.
- Sneakers are combined with jeans.
- Clothes with different types of prints are accepted.
Another of the best-known types of fashion to wear is the classic, which is characterized by being very balanced and harmonious. It is distinguished by creating elegant and sophisticated looks, which allows for reflecting an image of seriousness and maturity. Likewise, its color palette includes all sober and neutral tones, such as black, gray, blue, burgundy, and moss green, among others. To view popular topics within the fashion industry, visit their blog at Temu Sitejabber.